button 2

Patch of Assorted Fabrics

I didn't realized that patch of assorted fabrics could make a beautiful table lamp as this. Lisa Whatmough who is a former Sculptor and Painter opened Squint in East London at the beginning of 2005. Her initial desire was to showcase the antique textiles she had been collecting and found that a fusion of period furniture and fabrics made for unexpected one off pieces. Prices of these furnitures vary depending on the final mix of fabrics used.

These furnitures give me the idea that anyone could make a piece. You don't have to spend too much on expensive fabrics, just be creative on the design you want. Collect and recycle unused fabrics and patch them together to have a nice and colorful design. Now I'm thinking of trying it but first, I need to collect colorful fabrics.





1 sticky comments:

Mama Bee Simple said...

New blog award ;) Check out my new post for your award! you deserve it :D

Monika ♥


  • Blog Advertising - Get Paid to Blog